With all this extra time on our hands lately, I wanted to put something out there for anyone feeling a little stuck on being able to move forward and feeling trapped in the current situation. Below are 10 things you need to give up in order to move forward and grow towards the best version of yourself and your best life.
- Letting the opinion of others control your life – don’t let what others think of you decide what you think of you. Its what you think about yourself that counts.
You must look out for number 1 and do what’s best for you and your life not whats best for everyone else. Focus on what you want, your goals, and what makes you happy don’t worry about how sally is spending her day.
- The shame of past failures- who you back then did not mean you are that person today. Don’t let the thoughts get to you and let you think you will make the dame mistakes, you have grown and your past failures do not define you. your past does not equal your future. All that matters is where you are right now, how you feel right now. Your past is the past and you will not be able to move forward holding onto a part of the past you have no control over.
- Being indecisive about what you want- you will not grow and leave where you are if you don’t know where you want to go. You don’t need to have a master plan laid out, but you need to have an idea, a goal to work towards and stay consistent with it take some time to make a decision on what you want, you will feel excited and aligned with your decision and pursue it with all of your passion.
- Procrastinating on goals that are important to you- make these a priority, time bloc, schedule it in, set time aside. Look over how you are spending your day and ask yourself “does this need to be done now?” ” will this help me grow?” if you answer no then these are not a priority and you can give yourself that time to work on your goals.
- Choosing to do nothing – you don’t get to choose how you die or when you can only decide how to live right now. Every day you are given the opportunity to live and choose how you spend it. Don’t let the days and time pass by choosing to do nothing.
- Your need to be right – aim for success but never give up your right to be wrong. when you do you lose the ability to learn new things and move forward. Keep an open mind.
- Running from problems that should be fixed- Stop Running! face these issues, fix the problems, communicate, appreciate, forgive and love the people in your life who deserve it. The longer you run the harder it is to face these issues and the longer you don’t move forward you are only giving yourself unneeded stress and anxiety.
- Making excuses rather than decisions- most long term failures are the outcome of people who makes excuses instead of decisions take charge to stop making excuses and do it.
- Overlooking the positive points in your life- what you see often depends entirely on what you’re looking for. You will have a hard time being happy if you are not grateful/thankful for the good things in your life right now.
- Not appreciating the present moment- sometimes we try to accomplish something big without realizing that the greatest part of life is made up the little things stay present and take in with appreciation.
If you find yourself doing the above, really focus on giving up these 10 things and see how you start to feel and move forward. Feel free to send me how you are in doing in the comments below I would love to check-in!
I love you all and hope everyone is staying safe and healthy during these trying times.