I am always preaching about Self-Love and Self-Care and the importance of it to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Im not going to lie though, the past few months I have been slipping and have been struggling with getting myself back on track. I know I am not alone on this and wanted to share a few tips that have been helping be with getting myself back on track.
- Have Fun By Yourself: Its always good to set days aside for yourself that is just for you to something that you enjoy, whether that be going for a coffee, going shopping, hiking etc. By doing this you really touch base with who you are and learn to enjoy your own company. I use to hate and feel so embarrassed going anywhere alone I would never be caught sitting in a restaurant of the coffee shop by myself and sometimes I would spend hours searching for someone who wasnt busy to do a sea wall walk with me instead of going alone.I have learned now to enjoy my own company and have found peace in doing those things alone now and can have a really enjoyable day
- Forgive Yourself For Your Mistakes: We have all made mistakes and its a form of how we grow. I have made my share of mistakes and use to really let them eat at me and define who I was. By not forging myself I could not forget and move on This is harder said than done but you just need to remind yourself, that was a mistake that is not who you are and you have learned and will continue to grow into the best version of yourself.
- Try Something New : try things out you never thought you possibly would before . This helps you by truly getting to know yourself and discovering new interests and traits of your self. Get out of the box and step away from your comfort zone, chances are it will be all good and positive !
- Give Yourself A Break: We can all be hard and push ourselves to the limits, its natural but its still important to give yourself some downtime. I have been really bad at this in the past to the point my body forces me to take that downtime which is never a healthy way so I do my best to listen and rest when needed. Sometimes this goes hand in hand with having fun by myself but usually entails a bubble bath, going for a massage or facial or simply resting on the couch with a good book or even a little netflix.
- Make A List Of Your Accomplishments: Creating a list of what you have achieved is a great way to fall in love with yourself. This is a good way to feel good about yourself and physically see howfar you have come in life. For myself this really helps when I am down and feeling like I am not on the right path or happy with where I am in life . I write the list and stand back to look it over and can watch how I have grown over the years and it is nothing but motivating and inspiring and self empowering.
Now I am no expert but these are just a few ways I have been able to practice and maintain that self-love and live a happy life with what I have.
I hope you find these tips helpful to you and would love to hear of your own!