In January of 2018, I started going to Project Skin in Richmond Centre. I had heard from a good friend of mine, who had been going to their south Granville location for a while, how amazing the treatments and products where.
Knowing her almost all of my life I was really able to really see the change in the condition of her skin over a short period of time and I finally asked her secret.
I Initially planned on going into the South Granville location but I was out shopping with a friend at the mall and noticed they had a location there! I was planning on picking up a few products that my friend had suggested but the ladies working where so amazing and caring about my skin they wanted to do a consultation first to make sure these products where actually what I needed to heal my skin. I was asked if I would be willing to go in for a facial as they had an open availability, I thought why not I’m here, so I went in for a customized facial that met the needs of the condition of my skin. We had discovered my skin was extremely dehydrated and congested in areas making me actually look my age. We had to spend a lot of time doing tiny incisions on my face to work out the congested areas. It was fairly painful but as each time I go back, it gets more and more tolerable and by the time you go home and see the results of how clear and fresh your face looks…. it is most definitely worth it!
I have been going back every 4-6 weeks since disregarding the summer weeks due to the direct sunlight. However, now that the rays are no longer beaming as hot and the cold weather sets in its time to book an appointment and pick up a few more products to get me through the winter days.
Every single day I get complimented on how amazing my skin looks, how clear and radiant it is and how much I glow!
I feel more comfortable and confident in my own skin as when I first arrived I never thought I would be able to fix certain imperfections that we have thus far, with a journey still to go I am excited to see the true outcome and share it with you.
- I start with always washing my face with the LHA Cleanser–it is an exfoliation cleanser containing a conditioning surfactant and a 12% concentration with lipo-hydroxy acid, glycollic acid, salicylic acid and more to remove excess oils and makeup while decongesting the pores and brightening the skin. Within the first month of using, I noticed the difference, my skin was staying clean, clear, brighter and an overall glow
Without this cleanser, I do not think I would be able to maintain healthy glowing skin in between facials. The product may seem expensive but the smallest drop goes a long way.
- After washing my face I use the Equalizing Toner- Spraying a couple of times onto a cotton ball and gently brushing over my face removing any residue. This toner is alcohol-free, fragrance and oil free. It contains botanical extracts such as witch hazel, rosemary, aloe, and chamomile.
- Next up is a few drops of the Phloretin CF- This product has a combination of Phloretin, Vitamin C, Ferulic acid for enhanced protection against atmospheric skin aging, environmental damage, and premature signs of aging fro UVB, Infrared radiation and ozone pollution. Along with all those amazing benefits, Phloretin also improves the appearance of fine line, discoloration, and uneven skin tones. This is probably my favorite product that this company has to offer.
- Newly added to the mix is the Discoloration Defense- This is a fairly new product from SkinCeuticals and goes hand in hand with the Phloretin CF, helping reduce the look of dark spots, skin discoloration and acne marks. Within 2 weeks I noticed my skin was even brighter and my skin was looking to have a more even tone as well. This product has become one of my favorites as well.
- Daily Moisture-used every morning and every night as the finishing touch. It is a lightweight moisturizer hydrating and nourishing while reducing the appearance of pore size. It leaves the skin feeling soft without a greasy residue while protecting the skin from environmental damage.
These Steps Are Done EVERY day and EVERY night.
A few more products that I use get altered in throughout the week such as:
- Hydrating B5 Gel – at the moment I have been using this product almost every day and night- with recently running out last night. When I have my Phyto Corrective Gel I alternate between the two using the Hydrating b5 during the day and Phyto corrective gel at night. I do not use these products however if I have used Retinol. The Phyto Corrective Gel I will use with Blemish+ Age Defense. The Hydrating B5 Gel is an oil-free moisturizer containing hyaluronic acid which actually our body’s natural hydration. This moisturizer is also ideal for acne prone skin! Just apply a few drops to your hands and ggentlydab into the face.
- Retinol 0.5- Retinol helps reduce the look of fine lines, skin discoloration, blemishes and blotchiness it also helps with reducing aging skin and sun damage. 0.5 is recommended for first time users, starting off with just once a week once your skin stops peeling from that one time use you can move on to twice a week and from their move up to 1.0. Used in then night routine and solo, if you can even refrain from using a moisturizer.I think retinol is mandatory in any girls skin regime! Whenever my skin feels it needs that extra care I can always count on waking up the next morning looking refreshed from using the retinol.
- Retexturing Activator- I use this product in between Retinol and Blemish + Age. It acts as an exfoliator while optimizing the skins amino acid supplies to reinforce the skin’s barrier and stimulates enzymes that help break the bonds that bind cells to the surface of the skin, to diminish surface lines and wrinkles. Again just a few drops to the hands and gentley dab into your skin.
- Aox Eye Gel- I started with using this product every morning and overnight but over time I have found I tend to wear it more at night with the Phloretin and Discoloration Defense. It is a combination of Vitamin C, phloretin and ferulic acid to protect the delicate eye area from atmospheric skin aging, environmental damage and much more. This product has also helped with the appearance of dark circles under my eyes and wrinkles. One simple pump and gently glide under the eyes taking your ring finger and gently pat in.
- Physical Fusion UV Defense- I use this every day just not at night, it is an amazing sunscreen that is tinted and adapts to most skin tones without a white residue. It boosts radiance for more even, glowing complexion. While fighting against the suns rays. I honestly never believed sunscreen was such a crucial aspect of skincare but this has been a life changing product for me and won’t go a day without it!
Not shown in the photo Is :
- Phyto Corrective Gel– I have been out of this product all summer and was able to do without but now that the cold weather is coming in quickly I need to restock up very soon. The gel is used every night or every other day. It contains hyaluronic acid and calming botanical ingredients making it an ideal moisturizer for sensitive and dry skin. It helps even out the skin tone and leaves a fresh looking complexion. Just a couple of drops as too much can leave you looking like the Incredible Hulk.
- Clarifying Clay Mask- I still have this product not really sure why I didn’t get it in this little shoot, probably because I have it stored in a different spot with my masks and completely forgot about it. Anyways the clarifying clay mask I use about twice a week as well it is great for opening up the pores and minimizing the appearance of them while gently exfoliating the skin. LOVE this product.
- Eye Balm- I absolutely loved the eye balm but once I ran out I didn’t want to purchase more as I was waiting for the A.G.E Eye Complex to come in. The eye balm helps relieve the puffiness under the eyes and calms irritated skin and replaces lipids in the delicate dry skin around the eyes. A.G.E has similar effects but stronger components allowing to reduce the appearance of crows feet and wrinkles, it improves the dark circles and puffiness under the eyes and enhances radiance around the eyes immediately.
Would you be interested in hearing more about the facial treatments I get?
Let me know below!